Quality Assurance Analyst
Binary Stream Software is certified as a Great Place to Work and is one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for 2021. The company was founded 21 years ago by our CEO, Lak Chahal, who is passionate about people, culture and products. Binary Stream is an award-winning, Microsoft Gold certified partner that develops enterprise-grade software to enhance Microsoft Dynamics 365. Binary Stream solutions help organizations facing complex accounting challenges to achieve Tier 1 enterprise resource planning (ERP) capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We help make critical business processes scalable, easier to manage, and increase savings for our clients.
We are growing and are looking for a full-time QA Analyst to join our team.
What you will do:
Reporting to the QA Lead, the QA Analyst is responsible for testing company software to ensure our products meet customer requirements and conform to functional design and organizational quality standards.
- Analyze customer requirements and design specifications, participate in product review meetings to provide identified suggestions and feedback.
- Build and maintain test environments and test data as needed.
- Write and maintain detailed and effective test plans.
- Maintain accurate test logs on all performed tests and related results.
- Execute functional, fix verification, regression, compatibility,system, integration,performance and usability types of testing as required.
- Conduct back-end testing, execute SQL queries and inspect data.
- Create and execute automation scripts.
- Create detailed defect reports and following up on identified defects up until complete resolution.
- Assist developers in diagnosis and replication of product defects and failures.
- Provide timely status updates to QA Lead for all assigned tasks.
- Act as a resource to more junior staff and provides them with orientation/knowledge on specific product areas.
- Follow established quality processes and procedures and constantly contributing to improvement of the quality standards.
- Solid understanding of quality assurance and testing methodologies relative to software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of automated testing tools.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related business discipline.
- Financial ERP and/or accounting experience/knowledge preferred, providing a solid foundation to effectively learn one or more Binary Stream products.
- 3+ years of software testing experience, preferably with ERP systems with a preference to Microsoft Dynamics GP, Business Central, or Finance & Operations, or related experience in applied business/accounting workflow.
- Experience with software development life cycle and software testing methodologies.
- Extended Health and Dental including Employee Assistance Program (personal health, mental and emotional well-being)
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP Matching Program
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Option
- Professional Development Funds
- Flexible work schedule
Who are we?
We are a diverse team who care about each other and work collaboratively to produce high quality software solutions. We have a great culture based on our values of Team, Innovation, and Growth, and we are focused on our vision of “enabling the growth of our people and customers”. Visit our career page to learn more about us.
We are always learning and growing and would love for you to learn and grow with us. Apply now.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Binary Stream Software.