Employer Liaison/Job Coach
EMPLOYER LIAISON / JOB COACH
Permanent Full Time – 35 hours per week – 2 Positions
This position requires work outside normal office hours
WorkBC Employment Services
The Employer Liaison/Job Coach supports WorkBC clients (Multi-barriered and with Disabilities) in job search activities and generates job leads for sustainable employment, wage subsidy contracts, unpaid work experiences, community attachment, and on the job training/ coaching. They are responsible for staying abreast and following WorkBC Policies and standards to ensure accurate data entry and record keeping in ICM.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Find suitable jobs and place clients (Multi-barriered and with Disabilities) in long-term employment.
2. Achieve outcome targets for paid/unpaid job placements; utilizing all three service delivery channels – Outreach, Virtual and In-person.
3. Provide thorough on the job coaching and follow-up support to clients and employers to ensure maximum success in reaching 52 weeks of sustained employment.
4. Administer, monitor and track financial supports and services according to WorkBC policy and eligibility criteria, including job start supports, transportation supports, food supports, grooming kits and other financial supports related to long term interventions.
5. Develop a specific client-marketing plan that includes job target, employer targets and marketing strategies.
6. Work one to one or in small groups with clients to support and strengthen self-marketing approaches including targeted resumes, cover letters, interviews, and networking.
7. Contact and network with employers to build relationships and generate appropriate leads for sustainable employment outcomes.
8. Attend trade shows and other business/networking events to maintain and continue building an employer database.
9. Work collaboratively with team and other work groups to understand client needs and employment goals.
10. Create opportunities for multi-barriered and clients with disabilities to access informational interviews, job shadowing, volunteering and training on the job.
11. Organize and participate in community initiatives, meetings, hiring fairs, collaborative events, program marketing.
12. Collect and disseminate Labour Market Information to staff, clients, employers and community partners.
13. Perform other duties as required.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Business Administration or Marketing Degree/Diploma or a combination of relevant training and experience.
• 1-2 years of demonstrated experience in: assessing complex client needs in specialized areas, such as physical limitations, developmental disabilities, mobility skills, and cognitive, social and emotional barriers; interpreting clinical assessments; and delivering customized employment, job coaching and job development services preferred.
• Strong links to the business community with a knowledge of the local labour market.
• Valid BC driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Job Skills and Abilities:
• Comfortable working in a performance based work environment with strong emphasis on sustained employment outcomes.
• Ability to work with clients with multi barriers and disabilities utilizing a result-oriented focus combined with patience.
• Sound understanding of wage subsidy criteria and process for WorkBC and Opportunities Fund.
• Must be flexible, independent, self-motivated and have a mature disposition.
• Ability to write and format current industry standard resumes.
• Second language is an asset.
• Competent in relating to a diverse clientele, including people with disabilities, and sincere appreciation for a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to identify sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
* An eligibility list will be maintained for up to 6 months.
Closing date: Resumes will be reviewed starting June 22, 2020 but the posting will remain open until filled and will close without notice.
PLEASE APPLY TO: Catherine Saramito, Assistant Program Manager
Options Community Services Society
No phone calls please.
Please include a cover letter clearly indicating the posting number [#A21557] and outlining your qualifications and related experience for the position.
Note: Applicants not selected for an interview will not necessarily be notified. Options Community Services Society is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.