People Development Advisor
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,500 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
You’re a passionate individual who genuinely enjoys and understands the importance of building strong and trusting relationships. A strategic thinker whom people trust, you’re able to influence audiences with your expertise to provide impactful learning opportunities and solutions for talent growth and development. You care about people and their success and can help them by identifying specific needs and solutions to support their professional and leadership development and succession planning for talent.
The passion you have for people and career growth makes you the perfect candidate as our People Development Advisor. You’re guidance and expertise will evolve our employees from onboarding through career milestones, including cultivating talent and fostering opportunities for professional and leadership advancement. As a trusted advisor, you’ll strengthen and build relationships by collaborating with business leaders to support succession and strategic workforce planning by identifying skill and knowledge gaps and trends on the future of work.
We're committed to building a greener future with our 30BY30 promise to reduce our customers’ emissions by 30 per cent by the year 2030. We need collaborators, innovators and leaders like yourself to help us achieve our goal. Join us in re-thinking our energy future.
In year 1, you will:
• Curate relationships with business leaders and functional areas within your assigned portfolios that consider talent planning for our workforce and business needs.
• Support our people development through existing and newly formed processes and initiatives as part of our roadmap to support our strategic initiative of Becoming B.C.’s Top Choice for Talent.
• Support the implementation of technology and process of our succession module within the Systems Applications and Products in processing (SAP) platform and support existing tasks within the year-end performance review and goal setting processes.
In year 2, you will:
• Support modernized learning and learning technology initiatives.
• Curate relationships with business leaders and functional areas beyond your assigned portfolios.
• Guide and facilitate leadership development programs for emerging and frontline leaders.
What it takes:
• A Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or adult education.
• A minimum 10-years experience within Human Resources and Learning and Development
• A strong understanding in adult education, instructional design, development principles and practices.
• An ability to stay highly organized with strong facilitation skills.
• A natural ability to build and influence relationships across the organizations at all levels.
To view the full job description, click here.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.