DSM Evaluation Specialist
|Position Overview||Reporting to the DSM Evaluation Manager, this position is responsible for the execution of evaluation activities for assessing FortisBC’s demand-side management (DSM) programs.|
|Responsibilities||Work closely with the DSM Evaluation Manager to manage and execute evaluation activities for DSM programs and measures.
Work with legal and security to ensure evaluation projects and project datasets are aligned with the Company’s privacy, and confidentiality requirements.
Work with procurement to retain third party evaluation consultants and contractors. Develop project scopes of work and evaluate requests for proposals. Occasionally attend customer site visits with other project team members.
Manage process and progress of evaluation activities and assessing implications of evaluation results for the Company’s portfolio of demand-side management (DSM) programs and activities.
Develop and manage internal and external working relationships with program delivery staff, program partners, project team, and third party evaluation consultants. Balance the needs of various stakeholders with budgets and resources, while ensuring evaluation activities add value and meet regulatory requirements.
Develop and implement annual plans for undertaking evaluation activities and assist with regulatory submissions related to DSM plans and evaluation activities.
Assist with month-end and annual evaluation reporting.
Understand implications for results of the evaluation studies on DSM program design, energy savings impacts and program cost effectiveness. Report to Conservation and Energy Management team on results and implications of DSM Evaluation activities.
Understand customer data for evaluation program purposes and use various data management and reporting tools (excel, SAP, databases) to retrieve and analyze customer information, and consumption usage data for project specific needs, while ensuring compliance with the Company’s privacy and security requirements.
Maintain objectivity when evaluating work of Managers and other staff undertaking DSM program activities.
Special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Diploma in a related discipline such as Natural Resource Economics, Environmental Science or Business Administration from a recognized accredited post-secondary institution plus a minimum of three (3) years recent, related experience or experience in demand side management program and evaluation project design.
Valid BC Driver’s License.
CEM (Certified Energy manager) designation or ability to obtain CEM Designation would be an asset.
Experience working in a regulatory environment is preferred.
• Knowledge of the energy utility Industry
• Knowledge of the principles of demand-side management
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience working on a team
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Demonstrated sound analytical, organization and communication skills
• Ability to develop project scope of work
• Demonstrated ability to analyse information, make sound judgments and difficult decisions
• Demonstrated ability to apply project management best practices
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and conduct presentations
• Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict and negotiate solutions
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Demonstrated ability to work with demanding work schedules.
• Intermediate level computer skills (MS Office Suite, HRIS)