September 26, 2019- Lunch with TransLink CEO Kevin Desmond - Transportation Investments in Surrey
Name: September 26, 2019- Lunch with TransLink CEO Kevin Desmond - Transportation Investments in Surrey
Date: September 26, 2019
Time: 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM PDT
Registration: Register Now
With Special Guest: Mayor Jonathon Cote, Chair, Mayors' Council
Mayor Cote will provide an update from the Mayors' Council.
Hear more about:
- TransLink’s next steps for transit and transportation investments in the Surrey and South Fraser region, including the new RapidBus program and the proposed SkyTrain extension
- How over 500,000 people use transit everyday in Metro Vancouver. In fact, TransLink is leading transit agencies in Canada and the United States, experiencing 18% transit ridership growth between 2016 and 2018
- TransLink’s $9 billion transit expansion plan, including unprecedented increases in bus, SeaBus and SkyTrain service, and new project plans
- Ride hailing and new technologies that will disrupt transportation
- TransLink’s plans for the future of regional transportation with Transport 2050, its largest public engagement ever
Kevin is an experienced executive with a career built in the public transportation industry. Prior to joining TransLink, he was General Manager of King County Metro Transit serving the Seattle metropolitan region. At Metro, he helped to grow ridership by 44%, and launch the ORCA card, light rail, streetcar service and bus rapid transit lines. Kevin is a member of the American Public Transportation Association Board of Directors, and the first chair of the organization's Sustainability Committee.