September 26, 2019- Lunch with TransLink CEO Kevin Desmond - Transportation Investments in Surrey
Name: September 26, 2019- Lunch with TransLink CEO Kevin Desmond - Transportation Investments in Surrey
Date: September 26, 2019
Time: 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM PDT
Registration: Register Now
With Special Guest: Mayor Jonathon Cote, Chair, Mayors' Council
Mayor Cote will provide an update from the Mayors' Council.
Hear more about:
- TransLink’s next steps for transit and transportation investments in the Surrey and South Fraser region, including the new RapidBus program and the proposed SkyTrain extension
- How over 500,000 people use transit everyday in Metro Vancouver. In fact, TransLink is leading transit agencies in Canada and the United States, experiencing 18% transit ridership growth between 2016 and 2018
- TransLink’s $9 billion transit expansion plan, including unprecedented increases in bus, SeaBus and SkyTrain service, and new project plans
- Ride hailing and new technologies that will disrupt transportation
- TransLink’s plans for the future of regional transportation with Transport 2050, its largest public engagement ever
Kevin is an experienced executive with a career built in the public transportation industry. As Chief Executive Officer of TransLink, Metro Vancouver’s transportation authority that provides 1.4 million trips every day, he oversees planning, financing, and management of a region-wide multimodal transit network that includes bus, SkyTrain, SeaBus, HandyDART and West Coast Express, with nearly 7,800 employees.
Kevin has pioneered an array of operational, fleet, technology and market development initiatives over the years and has a long-standing commitment to progressive environmental policies and investments. These initiatives were recognized this year when TransLink was awarded the American Public Transit Association’s (APTA) Transit System of the Year Award for its 2016 to 2018 systemwide achievements.