September 10, 2020 - Business Impact Series - Caregiving Versus Work
Did you know that:
- Employers across Canada lose an estimated $5.5 billion annually due to employees missing work caused by family caregiving responsibilities?
- 1 out of 3 Canadian adult children - many who are in the workforce - are taking care of their parents?
- 15% of the employees had to reduce their work hours, and 10% quit the workforce early?
This workshop will:
- Help employers know what options are available to them to help their employees balance their work-life with their personal and caregiving life
- Provide best practices and benchmarking examples of what other employers have done
- Give you insights into the gaps that exist in your workplace and what areas can be improved upon
- Ultimately result in less work and personal stress for your employees, less absenteeism, more work productivity, and greater ability to stay focussed on their work
This workshop is facilitated by:
1. Stephanie Chan, CEO of My Care Base. Stephanie is an expert on caregiving, care management, and care planning. With Home to Home, for the last 12 years, Stephanie has been helping seniors and families plan eldercare solutions, focusing on helping seniors navigate the healthcare system, finding suitable housing, hands-on assistance with the downsizing, and managing all their care needs. She is a current board member of the Solus Trust and Make-A-Wish Foundation of BC & Yukon. In the past, she has also served as a board member of the Museum of Vancouver, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Canada, Goh Ballet Vancouver Society, and the Caregivers’ Association of BC.
2. Candace Giesbrecht is a Chartered Human Resources Professional, coach and consultant with over 25 years of senior leadership experience in both not-for-profit and private sectors. Candace has expertise in social work, human resources, and organizational leadership. She is also an Adjunct Professor in UBC Okanagan's Master of Management programs.