March 9, 2017 - 8th Annual Surrey Women in Business Awards
SOLD OUT! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604.581.7130 to be put on the wait list.
WITH KEYNOTE SPEAKER: MARGARET TRUDEAU
Margaret Trudeau is a Canadian icon, celebrated both for her role in the public eye and as a respected mental-health issues advocate. From becoming a prime minister’s wife at a young age, to the loss of both her son and her former husband, to living with bi-polar disorder, Margaret tirelessly shares her personal stories to remind others of the importance of nurturing the body, mind, and spirit.
Margaret is the author of four books, including her bestselling title, Changing My Mind, which charts her life’s ups and downs, and her latest title, The Time of Your Life, which offers women an inspirational and practical approach to creating a healthy, happy, secure and satisfying future.
Margaret sits on the Executive Advisory Board of the UBC Mental Health Institute as a community advocate, and she is the Honorary President of WaterAid, a charitable Canadian non-governmental agency that is dedicated to helping poor communities in developing countries build sustainable water-supply and sanitation services.
She is also the proud mother to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
About the Event:
This event recognizes the hard work of Surrey’s businesswomen and their contributions to the community.
Join us as we celebrate the successful women in Surrey that make our business community such a vibrant place! Awards will be presented in five categories:
1. Entrepreneur: Is an owner or significant shareholder of any business size
2. Corporate/Leadership: Holds a senior/executive level position in a public or private-owned business
3. Professional: Nominees have a professional designation, i.e. accountant, notary, lawyer, engineer
4. Not-for-Profit Leader: Nominee holds a paid position as CEO, Executive Director or Senior Manager
5. Social Trailblazer: A founder or leader of an organization, initiative, or project that makes a significant social, economic, or environmental impact by building progressive and sustainable solutions to a complex issue facing our local community.