January 25, 2022 - Annual BC Government Transportation Investment Update by Minister Rob Fleming
Join us as we hear the Hon. Rob Fleming, BC Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure, presents BC Government Transportation Investments Updates.
Rob Fleming was first elected to represent the riding of Victoria-Hillside in 2005. He previously served as the Minister of Education from July 2017 to October 2020. Before his election to the Legislature, Rob served two terms as a Victoria city councillor. He chaired the city?s finance committee and represented Victoria at the Capital Regional District, the Victoria Regional Transit Commission, the Capital Region Housing Corporation and Tourism Victoria.
As a city councillor, Rob was a leading advocate for public transit and affordable housing. He was instrumental in the creation of the Capital Region?s Affordable Housing Trust and the region?s transportation plan.
Rob has a bachelor of arts degree from the University of Victoria. He worked in research and communications and was a research and policy analyst for the Ministry of Advanced Education. He was involved in many community organizations and travelled to El Salvador to monitor elections there.
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Rhona Doria at email@example.com
Health & Safety Protocols
- All Provincial Health Order guidelines in effect on the day of the event will be adhered to.
- Masks must be worn at all times, unless seated at your table.
- On the date of the event, you must be fully vaccinated to attend. Your BC Vaccine Card and photo ID must be presented upon entry.
- All SBOT staff, venue staff and other vendors at the event are required to be fully vaccinated.
- We will continue to distance seats as much as possible in the event space.
- Anyone not adhering to our health & safety protocols will be asked to leave.
- Refunds will not be issued if you are removed or denied admittance for failure to comply with health & safety protocols.