COVID-19 Fast Track Health Care Assistant program
Name: COVID-19 Fast Track Health Care Assistant program
Date: August 3, 2020 - August 6, 2020
WESTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE with community partner PICS are pleased to offer COVID-19 Fast Track Health Care Assistant Program. The HCA program will be 100% funded by the ministry of Social development and Poverty Reduction for all eligible candidates.
- Graduates of the HCA fast track program are eligible for registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry.
- Completion of Medical Management.
- Completion of Palliative & Dementia Care.
- Completion of Violence Prevention.
- First Aid, WHMIS & Food Safe Certificate.
- Weekly Living Support(at least $300 a week) & Mileage paid.
- On EI or EI Reachback, WorkBC attached
- Meets BC care Aide Registry Entrance requirements. Career Opportunities: Complex care Acute Care, Home Support, Assisted Living, Group Homes and Adult care Wages: $17- $26.50 per hour Screening and Intake Ongoing! Cohort to start on August 3, 2020